100% Secure Booking
Pay in your local currency
Over 3.5 million tickets sold
Why shop with us?
1. Jewish Pragueat Jewish Prague, sun, 28 feb 2021 - wed, 31 mar 2021
From £ 40
2. Prague Castle: Skip The Lineat Prague Castle w. skip the line, sun, 28 feb 2021 - sun, 27 jun 2021
From £ 16
3. Following Mozart's footsteps: A guided tourat Following Mozart's footsteps, sat, 27 feb 2021 - fri, 25 feb 2022
From £ 41
4. Golden City Tour of Pragueat Golden City Tour of Prague, sat, 27 feb 2021 - sat, 26 feb 2022
From £ 35
5. Prague Dinner Cruiseat Prague Dinner Cruise, sat, 27 feb 2021 - sat, 26 feb 2022
From £ 38
6. Terezin Concentration Campat Terezin Concentration Camp, sat, 27 feb 2021 - sat, 26 feb 2022
From £ 52
7. City Cruise Pragueat City Cruise Prague, sat, 27 feb 2021 - sat, 26 feb 2022
From £ 12
8. Communist Walking Tourat Communist Walking Tour, sat, 27 feb 2021 - sat, 26 feb 2022
From £ 37
9. Grand City Tour of Pragueat Grand City Tour of Prague, sat, 27 feb 2021 - sat, 26 feb 2022
From £ 27
10. Prague Lunch Cruiseat Prague Lunch Cruise, sat, 27 feb 2021 - sat, 26 feb 2022
From £ 33
Don Giovanni – Marionette Theatre
Enjoy the famous opera Don Giovanni written by one of the world's most talented composers ever: Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. This performance takes place at The Marionette Theatre in Prague and it is a real Czech specialty - and an enjoyable attraction for the whole family!
- Experience the famous Czech marionette theater
- Enjoy an opera for the whole family
- Listen to the wonderful music by Mozart
What can I expect?
When hearing the name 'Don Giovanni', some may think of the fictional character Don Juan, as the names sound alike. That is on purpose as the character of Don Giovanni is based on the legends of Don Juan: In this opera Don Giovanni is a young, arrogant, and promiscuous nobleman, who abuses and outrages everyone around him. The worst part is that he doesn't care about the consequences or the people he hurts along the way - until he encounters something he cannot kill, dodge or outwit!
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, the composer behind this musical masterpiece, had already set up a production in Prague before this one. It was in 1787 and for another opera, The Marriage of Figaro. The city fell in love with his music and wanted more. Therefore, Mozart composed Don Giovanni specifically for Prague. He also personally conducted its world premiere on October 29th in 1787 at The Estates Theatre.
The National Marionette Theatre hereby presents this brilliant opera in a different version, using tall marionettes, stylish period costumes and original stage effects. This performance is presented in the original Italian libretto, written by Lorenzo Da Ponte, who was a dear friend of Mozart's. It is an absolutely unique way of telling the story and because of the marionettes and the talent behind it, this production of the opera is made for everyone!
How does it work?
Shortly after your booking is complete your e-ticket will be sent directly to your email, just print it out and bring it with you.
Infant (0-2): Free of charge
Please check calender for available dates and times.
What’s not included?
- Food and drinks.
Fantastic: 4.2 – 55 reviews
The Don Marionette Performance
"Seeing Don Giovanni as a marionette show was very enjoyable. The added humorous touches and abbreviated score made it ideal for children Only problem was the hard and narrow seating. But for under two hours it was well worth it."
Excellent peek at this cnturies-old magical craft of puppeteering
"The site was a little hard to locate, but the show was well worth the effort. Loved the intjerections of humour the colorful and skillfully manipulated puppeteers and costumes. Just returned home and am already giving it recommendations. Also appreciated the facility with which the ticket transfers were handled smoothly over the Internet. Good show!"